My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the tea houses



The tea room
The menu


Tea houses in Beijing so far have been fabulous. As I am writing right now, I'm in one of them.

They are generally a lot of decorations in big room filled with private rooms, just perfect to bring your date out for a tea. Tea in China is considered to be like the wine in the rest of the world: it ranges from few cents to thousands of dollars.
One would think that drinking tea is all about breakfast, sitting a table and enjoy most probably a cookie with it. Well, maybe... but not here!

Tea drinking is a ritual, just like fine wine again. All the glasses must be well heated and then the tea pot has to have the same temperature on the outside as it has on the inside.

The tea glasses are really small, you smell the tea, feel the tea and drink is little sips. It is a wonderful experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home