My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chinese class speeches

Just 3 weeks ago we've started beginner Chinese class. It is tough and now we got to this level where we can actually hold a kindergarten type speech, saying
"my name is.... i have 2 people in my family... my mom is doing this... my dad is doing this... "

It doesn't sound very difficult but for people like me, who started from very scratch, it was very tough.

This is me trying to read my complex paper:

Me again explaining what I tried to sell. Good luck understanding...


Sarah's turn to talk about her and her family


Adam's turn for the first Mandarin speech



Malte is from Germany so he is presenting his family


Finally, Brock is an example for all of us with his Chinese speech


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great...I'm sure you had fun with that...of course I didn't understand a word. Keep it up!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

somil, hey, thank you for reading and posting on the blog. Are you from India? You also have a blog?

2:23 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Adrian,

I truly think this is the best blog post I've seen from us IMBAers. It's actually REALLY cool to see how far you guys have come in such a short period of time. I'm thinking maybe a Japanese track demonstration is in order. :P

5:15 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

thank you chris!!! it is pretty cool too, but still it is soo difficult

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 PM  
Blogger SarahHutch said...

Wo shi Meiguoren. Ni shi Lomaniah (sp?)

11:01 PM  
Blogger SarahHutch said...

Wo shi gao xing.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

wo shi laosh

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrian,

I guess you can't put the name to the face...I was down at USC for the fellowship weekend and we met at Gervais & Vine...I'm an incoming IMBA student...and yes, I was the Indian...now you remember :-)

Somil

7:58 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

ni men de zhong wen hen hao!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home