My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Monday, March 05, 2007

1st day in Beijing

First day in Beijing...

After an 18 hours bumpy trip, I finally reached Beijing. The process of going through security at the airport was very easy. For the next time, one should know that it requires 3 different forms to fill in and the overall process takes about an hour, but it is very easy.

I easily meet Stephanie and the other people from AbroadChina, changed 300$ in the airport and I was ready to go. Just for future information, the Travellers Cheques change for a better rate compared to cash.

Beijing is a big, busy and interesting city at the first sight. In the same time, it looks polluted but is not something I'm not used to. My home town is the home of the Aluminum Factory and the city if filled with Fluorine.

After setting in at the Beijing GuiZhou Mansion, a 3-star hotel (about 35$/night), Stephanie and I started to walk the streets and ate Chinese food on the street, saw where UIBE is, entered a Chinese store that was only for hair combs and finally drank a tea in a Chinese Tea house.
Also, I was very happy that my PDA with GPS is working and took us to the school and can show with a certain precision where we are.Tonight, everyone will go out to have some food, of course Chinese food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home