My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chinese Language - first class

The Romanian post took me a while to start and to write. It is still not done, but I want to take some time and acknowledge some of the experience in the first Chinese Language training class that happened today.
After 1 week and 2 days of hopes that the class will actually start, today the magic moment happened. Dr. Ye came to class and started the class like nothing was out of the ordinary.
Ok... so we find out a little bit about the class. Not big news, but once again we are reassured the class will not be easy, there will be a lot of work and a lot of things to do on our own.

The rest of the class was spent rolling our tongues in many many ways in order to be able to pronounce the letters or the group of letters that we were assigned to. I really enjoyed it because it was like back in primary school or even kindergarten where the teacher would say something and then everybody else has to repeat the same sound. We spent time drawing tongues and mouths on the table and also laughing at the weird positions our lips were having.

There is already a Quiz coming up on Friday and there is a preparatory class today for it.
Overall, I can say that even if the class schedule is more relaxed than last semester was, there are still a lot of things to read, to work on in groups or more individual study this time.

Zai jien (or at least that's what I think you spell bye in Mandarin)

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

Thank you cub18. I'm just starting with Chinese now, so I am a begginer. Where are you teaching Chinese, what university?

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home