My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Thursday, March 08, 2007

worst thing in china so far

There are so many amazing things about China so far that it could take me a long time just to organize my thoughts in a concise way.
I can talk strongly about the worst thing that China has to offer so far. It is not pollution although it is a part of our lives not, it is not traffic nor scary taxi drivers that almost run into other cars, trucks or bikes. That's all normal for day to day China!


IT IS THE INTERNET!

We just got Internet installed today, after a long waiting time.

The Internet man seemed really nice from the few words I can understand in Chinese (I probably can get one in 20 so it's not the best opinion). Anyways, he put in the Internet, told me the IP settings, downloaded some weird authorization software on my computer and voila... Internet came down the pipe. Here is the problem... Internet is basically dripping on this pipe, it is so slow that if we all 3 go at once, it's basically like a clogged toilet. It is sometimes driving me nuts. I don't know how this situation will evolve as we paid 6 months in advance already...


On the other hand, I manage to update the wireless router menu from Chinese to English and with the help of Stephanie, we might be really close to finding a hookah buying place. That is another story...

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Yeah, its the small things you don't think of that get you. I'm glad you guys are doing well. I've been loving the videos that I have been able to get over the dripping pipe.

My best to all of you guys out there! - C

3:48 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Thanks Chirs! I am really looking forward to those pictures and videos from Tokio. I bet Japan has faster internet than here!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home