My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Monday, October 15, 2007

Blog Action Day


Today is the D-day... Blog Action Day, the first initiative to have all the bloggers in the world raise their voice and let people know that WE have a problem and WE can also solve it.

I'm not talking about governmental programs ment to force citizens into protecting the environment but about you, yes... you, reading these lines right now... can do something to help. I will give you some small examples of such ideas:

1) Take yourself off bulk mailing lists.
2) Reuse food jars for storage; flour, sugar, pasta, etc.
3) Have one day a month in your house where you try to make no garbage.
4) Put on a sweater before you turn up the heat.
5) Bike to places that are close by.
6) Use eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
7) Eat one meatless dinner every month, try one every week.
8) Use cloth napkins for meals
9) Stop buying paper towels and buy reusable kitchen cloths.
10) Buy cloth bags and keep in the car for shopping trips.

I must say that except for options 2, 3, 5 and 9, I haven't done any of the other ones. Some of these are very easy to take care of and if I can do it, you can as well.

Have you tried any of these alternatives lately ? Try to implement one or two see what happens ?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home