My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Internet Earthquake: Skype is down; 上网地动: Skype有问题

For the first time since I can remember, Skype is down. The multi-million dollar company, aquired by E-Bay a few years ago provides free and paid service for millions of subscribers all around the world. So, when the service is down, a part of the world stops revolving.

This little table says it all about the importance of this program (from Wiki):


The repair time announce by the team, 24 hours, seems to be make a lot of people unhappy, as the blog was instantly filled with complains. This issue today brings back once again the idea that internet is not all that safe, nor 100% reliable and companies should always have a backup plan, especially for communicating with customers or suppliers.
Grrrrr...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home