My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Small discovery, 小发现 xiǎo fāxiàn

If you spend a lot of time conference calling on Skype like I do right now, but sometimes you feel you want to turn off your microphone to sneeze, burp, eat something or maybe just sing for a while, this is the right post for you. In the conference breaks I am able to do some work for my own...

1) Skype has a nice advanced feature to help you put in a short-cut to mute the microphone at any moment.

Tools -> Options -> Advanced Feature (not difficult)

2) Sometimes, after you enable and start using this function you really forget if the mic is on or off. Unfortunately, Skype doesn't come with a build in Always On Top function so you can always check the status of your conference.
Luckily, I ran into a small freeware software that allows you to make any window Always On Top, minimize them to tray, put them as a floating icon on a desktop or changing widows transparency settings.

The name of this nifty software is: DM2, and more information can be found HERE.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home