My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Sunday, March 18, 2007

we are back

Ok... I'm back on the Internet. At least for a while...
This morning, the CNC (china national phone company) person came over to install an ADSL connection. The connection that we had was as slow as a dial up connection so we decided to go and try a new one.

For different bureaucratic reasons, we had to also accept a new fixed phone line on top of the one we had already. Together with the other internet that we still have, it can be said that we now own 2 Internet connections and 2 phone lines but we only use one of each. It sounds confusing, but that's China.

I guess things have to be in complete harmony, so One Internet goes with One phone line and the others match together.

After 5 hours spent trying to hook up a Chinese ADSL modem with a Chinese Wireless Router, we are back on the Internet full speed (Chinese speed anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home