My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

school started


I am now a student at a Chinese University. All the schedule was written in Chinese, together with the building and the room number where the classes are. Luckily, my name was written as Adrian Rusu so I can recognize at least what section I am in.
So far, I have started a spoken and written basic Chinese class. We start with the basics: initials, finals and then tones. It doesn't seem difficult because we are repeating what we studied in the US already but as time goes by, going at a face pace... it will seem overwhelming.

The first day felt like high school: a lot of people, chaos and noise everywhere, small classes and new students. In my class, we are 12 students: one from France, Russia, Germany, Japan and a couple from Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia. We are pretty much around the same level: maxium 3 months of Chinese study.
I still can't read the class schedule so I take all the books and notebooks with me all the time, but it's fun and I can now write Ni3 Hao3.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! So finally you started classes! I was starting to believe that Chinese track was all about hanging around and having fun… (just kidding). Good luck with your studies…

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home