My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Sunday, July 01, 2007

English Translation mistakes 英文翻译错

As the whole world knows, China is filled with really funny English translations. When you arrive here for the first time, you start laughing at them immediately, but soon after they are just part of your life and your amusement.

Today, I put a quite a few hours studying Chinese... but when looking at a menu, I still check the English translation first, if existent.

So, while I was trying to decide what to order... I definitely tried to avoid THIS!! :) (the photo was taken inside with my cell phone, but you can still get the gist!)

Check out this one guy's website for an crazy translated menu: http://www.rahoi.com/2006/03/may-i-take-your-order/

Today's word is: 翻译错(fānyi cuò ) = Translation mistake

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home