My life in a blog

IMBA Chinese Track student at The University of South Carolina, Moore Business School, I'm currently living in Columbia, SC and traveling all over the place

Check out my other blog: My life in pictures http://akillianopix.blogspot.com or better check out my Flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/adifromusa/

Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday = bad day

Every person, no matter the cultural background, has probably a motto like this: "I Don't Like Mondays." Who does? Why? The answer is very simple: weekend is over and we start everything like it would be from scratch.
So, this Monday was no different from all the others in the Universe!


I started to realize today that I need to pull my s__t (that stands for shit, but I just don't want to say the bad word) together and do some real planning because this current strategy doesn't work. Speaking of strategy, it's important to know that it is always possible to change the rules of the game you play. How ? Just invent your own set of rules that the others will adhere to. The best strategy is definitely: Imagine what doesn't yet exists and that the market needs or will need in the future.


Now, back to pulling my stuff together, I just started today to plan a lilttle bit ahead of time (culturally different for me) as I am used to do things in the last minute, with my last breath. This is something I need to change; I also know how to do this: by means of force, someone has to force me. This is exactly what happened today, when "at work", I had to hand in the work schedule for July and August. WOW! But still, now my schedule looks like I have nothing else than work to do every week which is not true, so I will fix that as soon as I have someone to force me:) Any volunteers?

Thinking deeply, this might be one of the most important features the school will teach me: How to be a good time manager!!!! (Just as an example of how good I am at this at the moment: I am always behind the schedule and the class homework, I forget to call people or email, I don't have time to go to the gym or run and I don't have time to clean up my room nor sleep enough during the night) Well, I just think that there are worst things in life that this pure complain of mine.

Let's see how next Monday will be like!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anandha Kumar Deekaram said...

Hurray!!.. My Rommie is blogging.. good good keep it up buddy.. I wish u also start a Romanian blog.. Keep up the spirit and keep writing everyday.. You are doing great!!!.....

10:31 PM  
Blogger NandaAnn said...

Je peux te forcer adi... t'inquiete pas, je vais t'aider si tu veux. et oui, il y a des problemes dans le monde plus grands que tes plaintes d'aujourd'hui... ne t'en fais pas. demain, c'est mardi!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

thank you nanda for the constant reply and anand, thank you for giving me this idea: i hope it works out nice for everyone

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read through your blogs. i think you write beautifully. that's all i really have to say.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home